Thursday, February 14, 2008

Are You a Romantic?


I just read an article where they asked “Are you a Romantic?” to several different woman entrepreneurs (it was their Valentines issue). “Well,” I thought to myself, “I’m a woman entrepreneur... I design things that may be thought of as ‘romantic’, am I a romantic?”

The last thing I would ever classify myself as is as a romantic, but then when I read these other woman’s responses, I thought, “well, maybe I am a... just a little?!”

I’m not that overly affectionate of a person, or that person that writes little notes to her husband and hides it in his brief case before he heads to work. I’m also not the woman with the romantic home filled with candles lit every night and sweet scented flowers in the air. But, I do sometimes leave my husband a “honey do” note right at his desk where he plugs in his laptop after work making sure he can’t miss it! Even though it’s a note to ask him to do something, it always has an xoxo on the bottom! I do also like to make sure we always kiss when we wake up in the morning, before one of us heads out, and when we’re home from a long day at work.

I think it’s the little things that make a difference. Making a favorite meal for someone in the family, just because. Decorating a window or nook in the house just to let everyone know how happy you are that a season or a holiday has arrived-- many times the excitement can be contagious! Sometimes it’s just a little indulging on a random day... giving the kids a special outing, saying “Yes, there’s dessert tonight!” (we don’t have dessert that often), or walking my daughter to school and holding her hand.

By know means will I win “Romantic of the Year” award... but reading the article and thinking about it a little, I’m sure I could add a little more romance in my life, and wouldn’t that be fun!

0 comments: