Friday, April 3, 2009

Mad Hatter Party


This past week, I hosted a crazy, mixed-up Mad Hatter Party
at my daughter's school for their annual Founder's Day celebration. It's an event that is meant to celebrate all the many, many extraordinary volunteers - past and present at our school. We are very fortunate to have so many great folks who give so much of their time... I thought the Mad Hatter theme was perfect for this crowd... I mean we all must be a little mad and crazy to volunteer so much, but we all know it's worth it!


There were some challenges for me with the event...
how on earth was I going to fill a huge space like the school auditorium...
especially on a PTA budget!?

Of course I made banners...
I just love banners, and I love how this one turned out!
I found great old-time engravings of different items
that are perfect for a the Mad Hatter theme....
Then I sprinkled in some festive lanterns, crepe papers and a bit more...
and voila!

I must admit, the space was by no means filled... but once the 100 or so people showed up, all the food was brought in, and the kids came to do some performances, the space was more than filled with crazy, mixed-up festivities!

In upcoming posts, I'll share more ideas from this party... and soon, I hope to have it prepped and ready as part of my Party Kit selection! If you're in a hurray, and can't wait to have your Mad Hatter Tea Party sooner-- just give me a hollar, I'd love to hear from you!

0 comments: